- Operational Processes: Design, implementation, re-engineering.
- Operations Resilience Planning: All-hazard identification, vulnerability analysis and emergency management planning.
- Financial Management: Technology investment return and operating cost control.
- Operational Risk Management: Strategy development, implementation, and ISO/CMMI accreditation support.
- Customer Service: Improvement measured by quantifiable results.
- Led customer service, carrier relations, and information technology to deliver Connecticut’s successful health insurance exchange.
- Engaged other state and Federal agencies to collaborate and share services to lower costs.
- US Navy representative for emergency preparedness to State of Connecticut (2001-2004) and FEMA Region II (2008-09). Certified Emergency Manager, IAEM (2010)
- Thirty years of commercial and government health care experience in finance, underwriting, operations, information technology and carrier relations.
- Led healthcare data management firm efforts to expand into Federal government business.
- Chief Financial Officer on successful Tricare North bid.
- Improved return on investment while managing $350MM information technology capital budget for Fortune 100 health services company.
- Identified lack of financial controls in $250MM healthcare services company, and implemented controls as controller, chief underwriter, and provider contractor.
- Developed alliances and led finance for successful consumer directed health care startup.
- Obtained Federal and State approval and funding of marketing, technological and operational innovations with exchange and Medicaid determinations.
- Collaborated with Afghan National Army senior leadership to establish an effective Afghan government emergency response to natural disasters and displaced people.
- Ability to integrate operations, technology and finance to deliver quantifiable results.
- Success as a senior manager in finance, operations, information technology and customer service.
- Effective development and implementation of innovative solutions for private sector business and government.
- Domestic experience with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Defense Health Agency and Veterans Affairs. International experience in Asia, Africa and Europe collaborating with local governments and security forces.